London, Ontario patients discover the benefits of dental crowns
Dr. David Favell, Dr. Shawn Brunt, and Dr. Alexis Markham of Downtown Dental Centre Family Practice provide general, cosmetic, and restorative services for residents of London, Ontario. This includes the use of dental crowns and bridges for restorations. Patients with decayed, chipped, or cracked teeth or gaps between their teeth are discovering the benefits of dental crowns as a restoration option to improve their smiles.
Restore your smile
A crown is also known as a cap. It can be used to repair a broken or cracked tooth. It can also cover a dental implant. Crowns address an aesthetic and functional need in restoring teeth. They may be made of a number of materials, most commonly porcelain or ceramic. During the application process, they are cemented into place to ensure stability and durability.
Benefits of dental crowns include:
- Crowns are custom created using impressions from the patient’s teeth. The impressions and dentist’s notes are used to fabricate a crown to match surrounding teeth in shape, color, and size.
- The ceramic or porcelain gives the crown and tooth a natural look. The material is shaded to match teeth. Others remain unaware that a dental restoration is present.
- During the placement process, your dentist checks the crown for comfortable, natural fit. The crown should look and feel like a regular tooth.
- Functionally, crowns restore speech and a durable chewing surface. A crown takes on the role of a tooth; that includes being able to function as one. Patients can enjoy eating as normal.
- Finally, crowns are long lasting. Patients should care for a crown the same way as a regular tooth by following good oral hygiene habits.
Our dentists are dedicated to providing patients with quality care. Contact Downtown Dental Centre Family Practice to schedule your appointment – (855) 669-0775.