Is there a dentist near London, Ontario who restores implants?
Dental implants have become a popular choice for long-term replacement of a missing tooth, to anchor a bridge, or to stabilize a denture. If you are considering a single tooth dental implant, it is important to think about who will provide all phases of care. Are you wondering if there is a dentist near London, Ontario who restores implants? There is – Downtown Dental Centre Family Practice on Oxford Street East.
Successful implants start with planning and precision
A dental implant is a small cylinder made of a strong, biocompatible material. It is placed into the jawbone to replicate the root of a missing tooth. This stage of the process – planning and placement – is usually handled by an oral surgeon. While it is an oral surgery, the procedure is precise and typically brief, with only minor trauma. Soft tissues heal quickly, while bone fuses to the implant over time.
When healing is complete, usually within several months, you return to the oral surgeon. A tiny opening is made in the gum and an abutment, or post, is placed into the implant.
The final step to a beautifully-restored smile
Now your dentist at Downtown Dental Centre Family Practice takes over!
- He or she take impressions of your mouth.
- This information, along with detailed measurements and shading selection, is used to design a beautiful porcelain crown.
- The crown is fabricated at a professional dental lab, to the dentist’s exacting standards.
- The dentist cements the crown to the abutment and polishes it to a brilliant gleam.
- You leave the office with a tooth only your dentist can discern from a natural one.
- With normal good oral hygiene, your new tooth can last a lifetime.
For dental implant restoration from a dentist you know and trust near London, Ontario, call Downtown Dental Centre Family Practice at 226-241-9880.
Back to Home Page