Get a beautiful new smile with cosmetic porcelain veneers from a dentist in London, ON
Your smile is often the first thing that is noticed by others. What does your smile say about you? Having vibrant, beautiful teeth can make your smile exude happiness, health, and wellbeing. If you find that you are unhappy with the appearance of your teeth, and hide your smile during various life events, it can have a real impact on your self-esteem and confidence. Luckily, cosmetic dental options are readily available from the team at Downtown Dental Centre in London, ON. Dr. Favell and his team are happy to help patients enjoy a new smile with the help of porcelain veneers. Below, we’ll look at the many benefits of porcelain veneers.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
To truly understand how porcelain veneers will enhance your smile, you must first understand how they work. Veneers are thin pieces of porcelain that are designed specifically for your smile. Porcelain is chosen because it’s a strong, durable material that has many of the same physical attributes of natural tooth enamel. Once veneers are attached to the front of your teeth, you will notice immediate improvements to your smile. With proper care including good oral hygiene, porcelain veneers can last for many years.
Veneers are loved by many due to their versatility. Here are some of the issues that can be improved with porcelain veneers:
- Misshapen Teeth
- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Teeth that are uneven in length
- Gaps between teeth
- Teeth with permanent stains
Some patients choose veneers for select teeth with specific problems, while other patients have veneers placed on all the visible teeth to truly transform the smile.
The process of Porcelain Veneers
The first step is for the dentist to remove a small portion of the enamel from the front of the teeth that are being treated with veneers. This is done to allow room for the veneers to be placed without sticking out too far. Next, impressions are taken, and specifications sent to a laboratory for custom fabrication of your veneers. We will work with you to determine the appropriate shade of porcelain for your smile to look beautiful, yet natural. Finally, once the veneers are ready you will return to the office to have them placed. Using a temporary adhesive, the dentist will first check the veneers for proper shape, size, and feel. Small adjustments can be made in the office. Once you are satisfied with the final product, the veneers are permanently attached to your teeth.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
If you are looking for a brand-new smile, there are many benefits to porcelain veneers.
- Increase your confidence – When you have a beautiful smile that you love, it translates into a huge boost in confidence and self-esteem that others will notice.
- Improves your social life – While beauty is certainly more than surface deep, your smile can radiate outward, enhancing your natural beauty. If you are dating having a beautiful smile will help you get noticed and make a lasting first impression.
- Improves your professional opportunities – Heading in for a new job opportunity? About to ask the boss for a raise. An attractive smile exudes confidence, competence, and health. Having a beautiful smile can definitely make an impression that is received positively.
- Appear friendlier – If you are embarrassed to smile because of your teeth, you may be sending a signal to others that you aren’t willing to talk or are unhappy. When you smile more often it lets others know that you are approachable and friendly which can go a long way in professional and social settings.
Learn more about how to get a brand-new smile with porcelain veneers from your London, ON dentist
If the current condition of your teeth is holding you back in life, it’s time to discover the benefits of a beautiful new smile. At Downtown Dental Centre, we’re ready to help you with cosmetic treatments such as porcelain veneers. During a consultation, we’ll discuss your goals, evaluate your teeth, and determine if porcelain veneers are the right option to give you the result you desire. If veneers aren’t the best options, we also offer many other cosmetic dental treatments. To book your appointment, call (855) 669-0775 today.