Now even in London, ON - Invisalign - the Clear Aligners for Straight Teeth
Certified Invisalign provider in London
Downtown Dental Centre Family Practice in London, ON is a certified Invisalign provider. Dr. David Favell and his team are pleased to offer this modern orthodontic alternative to teens and adults who want healthy, attractive smiles without brackets, bands, or wires.
- The dentist conducts a comprehensive oral examination.
- If necessary, dental problems such as tooth decay or gum disease are addressed.
- Three dimensional digital impressions are taken of your mouth.
- A robust software program transforms those images into a virtual treatment plan. Together, you and the dentist review a graphic presentation showing how your smile will change.
- A series of clear plastic aligners is fabricated. Each set is precisely designed to adjust the alignment of your teeth, using low force.
- You wear a set of aligners for about two weeks, before progressing to the next set.
- The dentist monitors your progress at six week intervals.
- Each case is different, but a typical Invisalign treatment plan is completed in about 12 months.
- The dentist may suggest wearing a retainer to keep your teeth from shifting out of position.
Why patients love InvisalignAligners are transparent – other people won’t realize you are straightening unless they look very closely. The plastic is smooth and comfortable, with no hardware to irritate soft tissues, and there are no wire tightening appointments. Most patients adapt quickly to speaking and drinking water with aligners in place.
It is important to wear Invisalign at least 20 hours a day, but aligners are removable. Take them out to eat the foods you love, and to keep your mouth sparkling clean throughout treatment.
Today, most cases from minor cosmetic misalignment to very crooked teeth and more complex bite problems can be treated effectively with Invisalign. In London, call (855) 669-0775 to schedule a consultation.