Best in Periodontal Care now in London ON via Non-Surgical Gum Therapy
With non-surgical gum therapy, more London area patients keep their teeth
Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss, with serious implications on whole body wellness. It is especially dangerous because it develops and progresses virtually unnoticed in the early stages. The hygiene team at Downtown Dental Centre Family Practice provide effective non-surgical gum therapy to help London area patients keep their natural teeth and reduce risk of health problems.
Symptoms of gum diseaseSigns of the disease include:
- Puffy, discoloured, or blotchy gum tissue.
- Tender gums.
- Gum recession.
- Foul breath.
- Loose teeth.
- Missing teeth.
Non-surgical treatmentsWe utilize gentle treatment techniques such as:
- Topical medications – Administered in periodontal pockets. These medications kill bacteria, fight infection, and reduce inflammation.
- Curettage – Removal of diseased soft tissue, eliminating the source of chronic infection and irritation to encourage healing.
- Root planing – This procedure removes plaque, tartar, and a microscopic layer of root surface. This smooth, bacteria-free condition promotes optimal healing of gum tissue around tooth roots.
- Combination – Curettage and root planing may be performed at the same time. Local anaesthesia minimizes discomfort.
- Patient education – The hygienist takes time to discuss and demonstrate what you can do at home to maintain oral health gains accomplished by dental treatments.
- On-going assessment – It is important for patients with gum disease to maintain frequent check-ups, as recommended by the dentist. As we monitor the state of your gum disease, we will suggest adjustments to your treatment plan, if needed.
Call Downtown Dental Centre Family Practice at (855) 669-0775 to schedule a consultation and learn more about non-surgical gum therapy available in London.