Best in Periodontal Care now in London ON via Non-Surgical Gum Therapy
With non-surgical gum therapy, more London area patients keep their teeth
Symptoms of gum diseaseSigns of the disease include:
- Puffy, discoloured, or blotchy gum tissue.
- Tender gums.
- Gum recession.
- Foul breath.
- Loose teeth.
- Missing teeth.
Non-surgical treatmentsWe utilize gentle treatment techniques such as:
- Topical medications – Administered in periodontal pockets. These medications kill bacteria, fight infection, and reduce inflammation.
- Curettage – Removal of diseased soft tissue, eliminating the source of chronic infection and irritation to encourage healing.
- Root planing – This procedure removes plaque, tartar, and a microscopic layer of root surface. This smooth, bacteria-free condition promotes optimal healing of gum tissue around tooth roots.
- Combination – Curettage and root planing may be performed at the same time. Local anaesthesia minimizes discomfort.
- Patient education – The hygienist takes time to discuss and demonstrate what you can do at home to maintain oral health gains accomplished by dental treatments.
- On-going assessment – It is important for patients with gum disease to maintain frequent check-ups, as recommended by the dentist. As we monitor the state of your gum disease, we will suggest adjustments to your treatment plan, if needed.
Call Downtown Dental Centre Family Practice at (855) 669-0775 to schedule a consultation and learn more about non-surgical gum therapy available in London.
A graduate from the University of Western Ontario Dr. David Favell holds a Hons.BSc degree in chemistry, and a DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery). With over 30 years of experience, Dr. Favell is an established and reputed professional who aims to provide his patients with the best possible care.
A member of the London and District Dental Society, the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and the Ontario Dental Association, Dr. Favell continues to polish his expertise by continuing to keep up with the latest research and findings in the field, to ensure the quality of his service.