What we do to keep you safe from Covid-19At Downtown Dental Centre in London, ON, we know that your dental appointments can’t wait. That is why we keep our office open to fulfil your dental needs while adhering to all Covid-19 protective guidelines issued by the health authorities.
We take every measure possible to ensure the safety of all our patients and staff. Accordingly, 48 hours prior to patients’ appointments, they get a screening and waiver form which they have to fill and submit to us. Another screening form is sent to them 24 hours before the appointment time. We have signage posted on the outside of our office door to remind patients that they can enter only if they have answered ‘No’ to all the screening questions on these forms.
Once patients arrive at our office, their temperature is taken. They are required to wear masks in all common areas (waiting room, front desk, etc.)
The following are some of the measures we have implemented to ensure the health and safety of everyone:
- All common areas and high-contact surfaces are cleaned with medical grade disinfectant several times a day.
- All operatory doors are closed with magnetically sealed vinyl barriers.
- Air purifiers are installed in the operatories.
- All clinical staff members wear fit-tested N95 masks, isolation gowns, face shields, and scrub caps.
- Staff screening and temperature checks are conducted twice a day.
- After a patient procedure is completed, we follow proper fallow times to allow the aerosols to settle. The operatories are then thoroughly wiped with medical grade disinfectant and all barriers are removed and replaced.
A graduate from the University of Western Ontario Dr. David Favell holds a Hons.BSc degree in chemistry, and a DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery). With over 30 years of experience, Dr. Favell is an established and reputed professional who aims to provide his patients with the best possible care.
A member of the London and District Dental Society, the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and the Ontario Dental Association, Dr. Favell continues to polish his expertise by continuing to keep up with the latest research and findings in the field, to ensure the quality of his service.