Suffering from Jaw Problems? We are the best in TMJ/TMD Treatment in London ON
It IS all in your head! TMJ/TMD therapy from London dentist
Symptoms of TMD
- Limited jaw mobility.
- Pain when you open wide or slide your jaw side to side.
- Jaw noises – grating, popping, or clicking.
- Earache, ringing in the ears, or loss of hearing.
- Shoulder and neck pain.
- Clenching or grinding at night.
- Recurring headaches or migraines.
- Chronic fatigue.
Treating TMDRelief begins with a compassionate healthcare provider who has a deep understanding of the jaw joint – a Downtown Dental Centre dentist. We thoroughly evaluate your teeth, bite, TMJ, and symptoms to diagnose TMD. Then we design a treatment plan customized to your situation. In keeping with high ethical standards, we will coordinate care with other medical professionals, as needed – physician, physiotherapist, chiropractor, massage therapist, or cranio-mandibular specialist.
In many cases, we can help patients find dramatic relief with dental treatments such as:
- Adjustments to the height of natural teeth or old restorations to balance the bite.
- An occlusal splint (bite guard), worn at night to reduce jaw strain from clenching and grinding.
- Advice on simple lifestyle changes to lessen stress on the joint and soothe inflammation.
A graduate from the University of Western Ontario Dr. David Favell holds a Hons.BSc degree in chemistry, and a DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery). With over 30 years of experience, Dr. Favell is an established and reputed professional who aims to provide his patients with the best possible care.
A member of the London and District Dental Society, the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario and the Ontario Dental Association, Dr. Favell continues to polish his expertise by continuing to keep up with the latest research and findings in the field, to ensure the quality of his service.